Tuesday 17 January 2012

Levers Water View



Having enjoyed some brilliantly clear days recently I thought I would take the opportunity to snap a panoramic view from the top of Coniston Old Man. Unfortunately when I got to the parking area near the Walna Scar Road fell gate I could see that there were not going to be any views from the top. Never mind, I dropped the camera into the bag anyway and set off towards Prison Band via the Pudding Stone and Boulder Valley, taking this set of pictures from a small rocky knoll just North of Levers Water. (It works best if you expand it to the full screen view, drag it around with the mouse and zoom in a bit). After stopping to take the pictures I carried on up Swirl How and returned via an icy Brim Fell and Old Man, taking a direct line back down to the car. A breathtaking morning out, in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment